Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Amelia Island was named in honor of Princess Amelia Hanover, daughter of England’s King George II. If the U.S. had gained control of Florida before construction of the tower at Cumberland Island, it may have been built at Amelia. However, in 1838, the lighthouse at Cumberland Island was dismantled and shipped acrosss the river and reconstructed at the highest point on Amelia Island.
- Amelia Island, FL
- Built 1838